5 Tips for an Itch-Free Summer
By on Monday, May 16, 2016
Summer starts June 20—one month from now! But, we are already seeing warm temperatures, flip flops and, of course, those pesky, itchy summer pests.
That’s right, it’s mosquito season.
The good news? You don’t have to suffer with mosquito bites until temperatures get cooler in the fall and winter. Here are our top 5 tips for preventing mosquitoes during these warmer months.
- Standing Water: Mosquitoes breed in areas of standing water so make sure you don’t have any around your house and change water in decorative areas frequently. This includes birdbaths, downspouts, ponds and other water features.
- Timing is Everything: Dawn and dusk are popular times of day for mosquitoes. Avoid bites by staying inside during these times or wearing mosquito repellant during these hours.
- Repellants: Use mosquito repellant any time that you’re outside. This will help keep mosquitoes away.
- Clothes that Protect: Can’t avoid being outside when it’s dusk or dawn? Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants to prevent mosquitoes from biting.
- Call a Professional: Have a professional pest management company treat your yard to prevent mosquitoes from breeding on your property. Check here to find a NCPMA member company in your area.