Summer may have started on June 21, but North Carolinians were already enjoying summer-like weather long before that.
If you’re like us, you’re loving being outside.
But, being outside also has its downsides. Yes, we’re talking about the irritating pests of summer like mosquitoes and ticks. These pests are more than just an annoyance, because they can carry serious diseases.
So how do you keep your family safe? Here are our top tips:
- Be Aware: Always check yourself, your kids and your pets for ticks when you come inside.
- Clean Your Yard: Keep your grass cut short and your yard free of standing water and clean bird baths often. Standing water can be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Repellant: Wear mosquito repellant any time you are outside to prevent mosquitoes, ticks and other pests from biting you.
- Protect Yourself: Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants to prevent mosquitoes and ticks from biting.
- The Right Timing: Avoid being outside during dawn and dusk which are peak times of day for mosquitoes.
- Call a Professional: Have a pest management professional apply a treatment to your yard to prevent pests from breeding. Click here to find a pest pro in your area.